Friday, December 25, 2009

Day 6: Thursday, Dec. 24th

We spent Christmas Eve at the pool for the most part. Jake did some swimming too. There was a dinner organized by the university (Univ of the Netherlands Antilles - or UNA) at the Hilton Aqua Restaurant. It was elaborately decorated for Christmas and even included a saxphonist who wandered throughout the restaurant playing Christmas songs. Snow and family are the only two blatantly missing elements. Having snow is overrated; being with family is not.



The food at the Hilton was probably the best we have had to date in Curacao. There were five buffets: a meat buffet, a pasta buffet, a seafood buffet, a salad buffet, and, saving the best for last, a dessert buffet. Mark opted for practically every item on each of the five buffets, and I was a big fan of the mushroom penne pasta. Merry Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I miss you guys!!! Hope you have a great Christmas!!! Drink a Prosecco for me!!!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! I thought of you and David, there was prosciutto at the dinner last night! Hilarious! Merry Christmas, miss you guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm...sounds yummy! I know your family missed you as well.

    ReplyDelete