After that, we went to Playa Kalki to snorkel some more, which, considering that our backs were already candy apple red from the day before, may not have been the best idea in the world. We were off to a good start, but then Jason got stung by something twice in about 30 minutes, so we decided to call it a day. Jason has two nice sting "lines," one on his arm and one on his neck. I figure that since I have taken the brunt of mosquito bites in the last week, Jason was fair game for whatever sea creature decided to bite him. :) Next, when Mark and I got home, we fried up some traditional Curacao Cassava (aka as Yuka), which turned out to be pretty good. It is a root, similar to a potato, at least according to Wiki.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Day 8: Saturday, Dec. 26th
Today we went to Playa Forti for some cliff jumping. As irony would have it, as we pulled in, an ambulance was leaving with a girl who had just jumped from the cliff. Supposedly she had the wind knocked out of her when she jumped and the pressure caused some problems with her equilibrium. Since she was about my size, Mark decided that I shouldn't jump (although, I have to admit that I probably was too chicken anyway). Mark and our friend Jason did jump, although both of them were pretty hesitant. Click HERE for the video. (We had better luck getting the video to play by using the "HQ" link at the bottom-right of video screen).
After that, we went to Playa Kalki to snorkel some more, which, considering that our backs were already candy apple red from the day before, may not have been the best idea in the world. We were off to a good start, but then Jason got stung by something twice in about 30 minutes, so we decided to call it a day. Jason has two nice sting "lines," one on his arm and one on his neck. I figure that since I have taken the brunt of mosquito bites in the last week, Jason was fair game for whatever sea creature decided to bite him. :) Next, when Mark and I got home, we fried up some traditional Curacao Cassava (aka as Yuka), which turned out to be pretty good. It is a root, similar to a potato, at least according to Wiki.
After that, we went to Playa Kalki to snorkel some more, which, considering that our backs were already candy apple red from the day before, may not have been the best idea in the world. We were off to a good start, but then Jason got stung by something twice in about 30 minutes, so we decided to call it a day. Jason has two nice sting "lines," one on his arm and one on his neck. I figure that since I have taken the brunt of mosquito bites in the last week, Jason was fair game for whatever sea creature decided to bite him. :) Next, when Mark and I got home, we fried up some traditional Curacao Cassava (aka as Yuka), which turned out to be pretty good. It is a root, similar to a potato, at least according to Wiki.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my, love the cliff jumping video! I wouldn't have done that for anything in this world.
ReplyDeleteOmg, that looked crazy! I'm glad everyone made it out alive, I could never have done that. It looks like you guys are really making the most out of your trip. =)
ReplyDeleteKelly Belly