Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Day 2: Sunday, Dec. 20th
Mark was up and off to class early. He is taking two classes that run from 8-noon most days. He likes it very much so far. I explored the neighborhood with Jake, which is really beautiful. I was eagerly waiting for Mark to get home so we could go back to the airport and hopefully get our luggage. I was so nervous that it would not make it from Atlanta to Aruba and then to Curacao. Everything was in there and we were feeling quite lost without it. The outlets here are different and require adapters (which were in the luggage, of course) for use with our plugs. Because of this, I had no way to charge the dead laptop, hence the delay in posting to this blog. I could not figure out how to turn on the television with the two remotes and I had no sunscreen to start working on my tan (with as pale as I am and as hot as the sun is here, I was not risking it!). I did some reading and took 2 naps, rough life here! Mark got home and we proceeded to the airport. I found a nice man by the name of Romeer and told him my last name. He rubbed his head and said "oh no, Courtney" (he knew our first names without being told, this could be bad!) "Come on Romeer, give me some good news here!" He said our luggage, all 4 bags, was just sitting there 5 minutes ago! It had just been sent with a taxi driver to be delivered to the apartment. He attempted to call the driver to tell him to leave the bags even though we were not there, but could not get ahold of him. Too much stress! Fortunately, when we returned, the bags were there. I cannot tell you the amount of relief I felt! I know it might sound petty, but trust me three weeks with the same outfit, no deodorant, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. would have made for a cranky Courtney! Not to mention I had a whole suitcase of food (dry and canned goods). That comes in very handy as food is extremely expensive here. We had pizza on Saturday and it was $29. Here are a few more pictures of the apartment.





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, the place looks wonderful! I am soooo glad you were able to get your luggage. I couldn't help but smile and giggle reading your post, I could picture you talking to Romeer. haha Is the first picture a beach or maybe a pool? I can't tell. I can't wait to see more. Merry Christmas to You, Mark and Jakey!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Kelly
All of the photos are at the apartment. The first one is at the pool. It is really very wonderful!
ReplyDelete